Dr. Lawrence Schimmel founder of Qualmetrix, a healthcare analytics company will show opportunities for savings and quality improvement across the continuum of care as related to the current healthcare ecosystem.
You will learn:
• The disproportionate distribution of healthcare costs to a small patient population, and how to help lower these costs.
• How to identify lower performing providers and how to influence their behavior.
• How to use predictive modeling to lower cost and improve quality.
• The relationship between quality care and lower cost.
• High risk patients are not necessarily equivalent to high costs.
• How to measure performance and improve costs at every level; organization to provider to patient.
You will be able to observe a real-time demonstration of a unique analytics platform that takes into account disease. If you are a payer this translates into bottom line savings. If you are a provider, this translates into a lower medical loss ratio, better margins and an opportunity to reap the benefits of shared savings.
Dr. Lawrence Schimmel is equal parts medical professional, business executive, and healthcare visionary.
Schimmel started QualMetrix, a Miami-based healthcare analytics company, to fill a critical need he foresaw as companies in the business of medicine were forced to adapt in the new era of healthcare reform. The former general and vascular surgeon understood that through data analysis his company could provide clients the type of information and recommendations that would reduce costs, enhance the quality of care, and improve prevention/wellness initiatives. By combining a proprietary software product, business intelligence tools, and years of medical expertise/experience, Schimmel and QualMetrix are enabling health insurance companies, hospitals, employers, managed care providers, and others to do more with less.